Autism Support Workers required
Rawcliffe- Residential Home
Supply Desk are working in partnership with a residential home in Rawcliffe to appoint 5 support workers to support adults with autism to live the life they choose. You will be required to work as part of a team and on a one to one basis to actively support the residents to experience life opportunities which promote maximising potential and fulfilling their dreams.
**This is a rewarding role where you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference to people’s lives!**
– Able to inspire others with a positive attitude towards supporting vulnerable people
– Good listening skills, able to report and record information accurately
– Able to form and maintain effective working relationships as part of a team
– Able to work using own initiative where required
– Able to be patient, caring and sensitive
– Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
– Resilient, able to stay calm under pressure
– Able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
– A commitment to equal opportunities and antidiscriminatory
– An interest in and a basic understanding of Autism
– An understanding of the principles of Health and Safety
Start date– 01/03/2021
*Excellent rates of pay*
You will be a part of a supportive team of individuals who all share the values of-
– Being passionate about learning and reflection; and actively using these learnings in the work place (Learning from real experience).
– We share our learning and Autism expertise, whilst speaking up for the people we work with.
– Finding fulfilment in working with Autistic people / children and preserving their rights by challenging poor practice and a lack of understanding, whilst actively promoting a more inclusive world for Autistic People (We are courageous).
– We celebrate progress and lead by example (We inspire).
If this sounds like the role for you please call 0113 3670991 or email your CV to email@example.com for more information.