Teaching Assistant – Positive Handling
Teaching Assistant – Positive Handling/Team Teach Trained – Sittingbourne
£60-£70 a day – Full-time – Immediate Start
Supply Desk are working with a Primary School in the Sittingbourne area, recruiting for a dedicated and Passionate Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with complex needs including ASD.
There will be an element of contact that will come with this role, due to the needs of the child so a candidate who has training with Positive Handling or Team Teach is a necessity.
If you have experience working with children with SEN, or a background caring for children with SEN I would love to hear from you!
Benefits of working with Supply Desk
- You would be working with a dedicated team of Consultants with over 40 years total experience
- Termly CPD training days, including CPD for Behaviour Management and Cover Supervision Training
- Competitive rates of Pay
- Termly Networking Events with other education professionals in your area
- Working 1:1 with children with SEN
- SEN needs may include Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH), Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Collaborating with the Class Teacher and SENCO in providing support for the students concerned
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working with children with SEN would be highly desirable
- A background in Psychology would be desirable but not essential
- MUST have experience and/or certifications for Positive Handling and/or Team Teach
- Must be DBS checked (Enhanced DBS preferable)
Please call Drew on 01634 404 876 or email at email@example.com today to find out more about this role and the other long term supply opportunities available. For a full list of our current vacancies visit www.supplydesk.co.uk
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.
Supply Desk is an equal opportunities employer and actively encourages applications from all sectors of the community.