SEN Teaching Assistant – September 2021– Full Time or Part Time – Southampton
Supply Desk are pleased to be working with several primary schools in Southampton in their search for a teaching assistants on a 1:1 and classroom basis to support children with challenging behaviour. People from a background in care, support work or childcare/nurseries often get on well in this environment.
The Role – Essential Requirements for a SEN Teaching Assistant
- Providing a calm and nurturing approach
- Previous experience of working with children or in a profession with transferrable skills such as care
- The ability to adapt resources to ensure lessons are inclusive for all children
- Be able to provide lots of sensory experiences inside and outside of the classroom
- The ability to work as a team with the class teacher and another TA to ensure progress is monitored and planned for
- NVQ in Childcare and Education Or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Previous experience of using Makaton/ PECS or Makaton/ PECS trained
- Experience of severe learning difficulties or physical disability
- Peg feeding or epilepsy training
Please contact us today if you are looking for a new SEN Teaching Assistant role in Southampton is of interest, we would love to hear from you. We also have a host of other roles available, please contact Becky on 02380 230 340
Supply Desk can offer you:
* Competitive rates of pay
* Recommend a friend bonus scheme
* Out of hours on-call service
* Day to day or long term assignments
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to email@example.com
or call Becky on: 02380 230 340 for more information.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.