Pastoral and Learning Support role for a Special Educational Needs School in Guildford, Surrey
Are you a caring, kind person with a great sense of humour? Want to see young people with special educational needs thrive and make a difference to their lives?
A special educational needs school in Guildford, Surrey have a fantastic opportunity to join their welcoming team as Pastoral and Learning Support. Part-time or full-time would be considered.
What is pastoral care? What is learning support?
- Ensuring the physical and emotional welfare of pupils.
- Essential foundation upon which learning can take place.
- Going beyond what is taught in the classroom to provide support for all areas of a pupil’s well-being.
- Learning support is similar to a teaching assistant type role where you would help the class teacher to facilitate pupil’s education.
I do not have any qualifications or experience – can I still apply?
Yes! If you have the right attitude and commitment to the role, that is much more important than qualifications and experience. Even if you have never worked with special educational needs individuals before, training will be provided. We would love to hear from you even if it is just to find out more about the role at this stage.
Ofsted Report (2020) –
You would be joining a fantastic team who all have the pupil’s best interest at heart and create individual learning plans that allow for progress. You will be given all the training you need to succeed.
- “Leaders and staff are ambitious for pupils to achieve the best qualifications they can.”
- “Leaders and staff are ambitious for pupils.”
- “Safeguarding training is comprehensive and up to date.”
Behaviour and Attitudes: Good
Personal Development: Good
Leadership and Management: Good
Why work for Supply Desk?
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive:
- Safeguarding training.
- Access to around 700 CPD training courses to support you. These can be costly but we offer them free of charge!
- Weekly pay.
- Our dedicated team is on hand to answer any of your queries when you need it.
There is no better time to join Supply Desk! If you are interested in this position, please call Abigail on 01273 609 993 or forward your CV to Abigail.firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary dependent on experience and qualification.
Do you know other great teachers or support staff? Simply refer a friend and we will pay you £100 for every person you refer to us once they have worked for 5 days.