Learning Support Assistant – Hearing Impaired
High Wycombe – Full or part time
SEND department are seeking to recruit a Hearing Impairment Teaching Assistant in High Wycombe.
This role is specifically to deliver support to pupils, children and young people with a hearing impairment.
The role is based in a lovely primary school in High Wycombe with a specific Hearing Impaired Unit.
The successful applicant will have the ability to learn how to confidently use, and demonstrate the use of, a variety of specialist aids and equipment.
The successful candidate will become part of a diverse, friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team, working in partnership with key agencies to deliver early intervention programmes, as well as statutory duties across settings and the community.
- have evidence of further training in special educational needs
- have experience of working with pupils with a hearing impairment
- be dedicated to supporting the inclusion and independence of vulnerable children and young people
- have knowledge of needs arising from hearing impairment and knowledge of equipment and resources to support pupils with special educational needs
- be creative, flexible, positive thinking and focused on solutions
- adapt readily to change, with the ability to work in a variety of situations
- be a good communicator, in person and in writing
- have the ability to liaise effectively with other professionals to improve outcomes for children with a hearing impairment
Knowledge of Makaton and British Sign Language would be an advantage
Supply Desk is working in partnership with Buckinghamshire Local Authority and represent a host of opportunities in Buckinghamshire. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
Call 01923295300 or 01494840527 or 01296752499
If this role is of interest to you or you would like to hear more please call 01923 295 300.
Alternatively you can email us on email@example.com