Learning Support Assistant – Hearing Impaired
Bourne End – Full or part time
SEND department are seeking to recruit a Hearing Impairment Teaching Assistant in Bourne End.
This role is specifically to deliver support to pupils, children and young people with a hearing impairment.
The role is based in a lovely primary school in Bourne End with a specific Hearing Impaired Unit.
The successful applicant will have the ability to learn how to confidently use, and demonstrate the use of, a variety of specialist aids and equipment.
The successful candidate will become part of a diverse, friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team, working in partnership with key agencies to deliver early intervention programmes, as well as statutory duties across settings and the community.
- have evidence of further training in special educational needs
- have experience of working with pupils with a hearing impairment
- be dedicated to supporting the inclusion and independence of vulnerable children and young people
- have knowledge of needs arising from hearing impairment and knowledge of equipment and resources to support pupils with special educational needs
- be creative, flexible, positive thinking and focused on solutions
- adapt readily to change, with the ability to work in a variety of situations
- be a good communicator, in person and in writing
- have the ability to liaise effectively with other professionals to improve outcomes for children with a hearing impairment
Knowledge of Makaton and British Sign Language would be an advantage
Supply Desk is working in partnership with Buckinghamshire Local Authority and represent a host of opportunities in Buckinghamshire. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
Call 01494840527 or email email@example.com to apply!!