Teaching Assistant (ASD)
Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Teaching Assistant – Milton Keynes
Start ASAP or after October half term – Full or part time options
Do you enjoy working with children?
Do you have the passion and patience to work and support special needs students (ASD)?
Are you keen to make a difference to pupils/students’ progression in the classroom and for the future?
A specialised school situated in Milton Keynes is looking for Teaching Assistants. The school caters for pupils and students from EYFS-KS5 who have special needs, particularly Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
The children have a mix of abilities but all are on the ASD spectrum and some also have other complex needs. Some will be verbal, others requiring support with routines, PECS, Makaton and Signalong.
You will be required to be available at least 2 days a week but full time options are also available and the hours are 8.30am to 3.30pm.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting pupils/students with their physical, emotional and academic needs
- Enabling learners to access the curriculum
- Support the needs of the learners
- Play an active part in setting up the learning environment
- Supporting learners on a 1:1 basis, within the classroom and working with small groups in a range of activities throughout the day
- Make use of resources such as now and next boards and picture cards to help ASD pupils/ students particularly during transitional periods
To apply for this rewarding role as an Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Teaching assistant in Milton Keynes contact Jenny Harrison today!
01923 295 300 / 01494 840527 / 01296 752 499
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk offer a £100 ‘Golden Hello’ for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.