Mainstream Primary School
£65-£85 per day
Supply Desk are pleased to be working with a small but friendly and diverse primary school located in the Leighton Buzzard area in their search for a teaching assistant to support children during whole class lessons, 1:1 and in small groups as directed by the teacher.
A vibrant medium sized primary school. Children are at the centre of decisions made at the school and they pride themselves on providing an inclusive learning environment and opportunities for success regardless of background, needs and abilities. Staff are supported as the school recognises that this is key in order to develop pupils in to achiever with high aspirations of themselves.
- Working with the class teacher to support all children in the classroom as appropriate
- Responsible for delivering 1:1 support and small group interventions
- Supporting the class teacher as one of their teaching assistants
- Able to think on your feet to adapt activities to support the children and cater to their individual needs and abilities
- Calm and patient in approach which is a must as children may find particular lessons/ topics difficult
- Prides themselves on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for all children regardless of different needs, abilities and backgrounds
- Allows opportunities for children to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 6 months experience as a teaching assistant, a related degree, or the below would be desirable but not essential:
- NVQ in Childcare and education or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools would be advantageous.
- Experience with Team Teach, Positive Handling or TEACCH training is desirable but not essential.
This is a chance to diversify your own career and move into an incredibly rewarding role as a teaching assistant within a mainstream primary school.
In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, then please give Jenny a call on 01923 295 338 / 01494 840527 / 01296 752 499 or email your CV to email@example.com
Ask about our £100 referring a friend scheme! For any successful referrals of friends or colleagues who work 5+ shifts.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet safer recruitment standards.