Part Time/Full Time
ASAP or start after October half term
£65-£85 per day
Supply Desk are pleased to be working with a small but friendly and diverse primary school located in the High Wycombe area in their search for a teaching assistant to support children in their classroom activities and support children with specific special education needs. The school believes laying the foundations during primary education lead to lifelong learning and well-rounded adults. They are active in the community and encourage families’ involvement within school life. They are extremely supportive of their staff and provide regular CPD and opportunities for team building.
- Working with a children who have complex and mild needs such as autistic spectrum disorder (ASD), MLD, EBD and PD/PH.
- Responsible for working with them and supporting their needs to improve learning.
- Supporting the class teacher as one of their teaching assistants.
- Able to think on your feet to adapt activities to support the child and cater to their needs.
- Calm and patient in approach which is a must as children may find change and transitions particularly difficult.
- Prides themselves on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for all children regardless of different needs, abilities and backgrounds.
- Allows opportunities for children to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face.
- NVQ in Childcare and education or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools would be advantageous.
- Experience with Team Teach, Positive Handling or TEACCH training is desirable but not essential.
This is a chance to diversify your own career and move into an incredibly rewarding role as a teaching assistant, supporting children with varying degrees of challenges and barriers to learning. Applicants with previous experience in an SEN setting, as a 1:1 SEN TA or with transferrable skills from another profession such as care or as a support worker are also welcomed to apply.
In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way. Please visit our website www.supplydesk.co.uk.
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, then please give Jenny a call on 01923 295 300 or email your up to date CV to email@example.com
Ask about our £100 referring a friend referral scheme! For any successful referrals of friends or colleagues who work 5+ shifts.
Supply Desk is working in partnership with several Local Authorities and represent a host of opportunities in the boroughs of Barnet, Brent and Enfield. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development, we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet safer recruitment standards. (AGY)