Teaching Assistant SEN
SEN Teaching Assistant – Woolston
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you have the resilience and patience to work and support special needs students? Are you keen to make a difference to students’ progression in the classroom and for the future?
Working with special needs students is a rewarding career in which you guide and support students who may find everyday tasks challenging.
We are looking for a 1:1 SEN TA to start ASAP.
The absolute ideal candidate would have all of the below however experience of some of them would be great!
- Experience of working with children with ASD
- Experience of working with children with speech and language needs
- Experience of working at a nursery level or within a special school
- Knowledge of Makaton
- Experience of using PECS, Attention Autism, Intensive Interaction, TEACCH, Total Communication approach
- Ability to prepare learning resources and deliver teaching sessions at a very low level
- Working in a designated room away from the main classroom
- Support children in being included in classroom activities when possible
We are looking for someone who has lots of patience, be very calm but also firm and enjoy working within a very small team and the flexibility that that allows them!
Benefits for working with Supply Desk:
Competitive daily rates
Dedicated consultants 24/7 (We are on call!)
Continuous support though out your whole journey
Opportunity to choose your work pattern
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.
For more information about this role or to apply contact Becky on 02380 230 340 or email Rebecca.Dorey@supplydesk.co.uk