Supply Desk are a nationwide education recruitment company specialising in Primary, SEND, and Secondary education. We place our teaching support staff in day-to-day and long-term placements in an extensive number of Primary and Secondary schools across Brighton & Hove, East Sussex and West Sussex. We are currently looking to recruit Primary Teaching Assistant’s, and will happily accept applications from NQTs.
Are you interested in working in the Primary education field? Are you looking to build on your experience of supporting children/young people this September?
If you’d like to make a positive difference and encourage SEN children’s potential, look no further than our Speech and Language Teaching Assistant role.
If you’re available from September 2021 for a minimum of one year, please read on…
The ideal candidate will have:
– A genuine interest and enthusiasm for supporting children with SEN
– A genuine interest and enthusiasm in making a positive difference
– Have some experience working with children/ young people. Youth work / mentoring / tutoring / volunteering will all be considered
– Be positive, friendly, confident, outgoing and unflappable under pressure
– A degree isn’t essential but a willingness to get stuck in and support children with SEN is
– Be available full-time (Monday-Friday 8.30am-4pm)
Duties include but aren’t limited to:
– 1:1 support with a child or small group
– Supporting the whole class as well as 1:1
– Assisting the class teacher
– Communicating with parents
– Supervising children during activities
– Helping prepare lessons in advance
– Managing challenging behaviour
– Acting as a motivator and role model
What’s in it for you?
– Gain first-hand experience in a school setting and enhance your CV
– Receive support, advice and guidance from experienced members of staff
– An opportunity to transform children’s lives and help them reach their full potential
– Opportunities to undertake courses during the holidays / half-terms
The starting rate for SEN Teaching Assistants is £70 per day and will be expected to rise as you continue to gain more experience within a school environment
To apply to work in one of our East London Primary schools, please submit your application alongside your CV clearly outlining your skills, most recent experience and qualifications.
Please note that at New Formation, we prioritise long term and permanent placements (minimum 1 academic year) so please only apply if you can commit to this.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract