- Basingstoke, UK
- ASAP or January 2022 starts available
- Service type: MAT School
- Pay scale: Zone 3 Grade C
- Contract: Term time only (39 weeks per year) – full time (37 hours per week) – permanent.
Supply Desk is working with a social, emotional and mental health school which offers full time education and therapeutic support to 70 children aged 11 to 16 years old. Pupils will be referred to the school by the local authority as part of their duties to arrange SEN provision.
We expect every member of the team to work collaboratively and flexibly, but you will have specific accountabilities, such as:
- Working with individuals and groups of students, ensuring students are kept on task and complete activities set by the teacher.
- Dealing with behavioural and special needs issues in conjunction with the teacher.
- Delivering SEND interventions.
- Providing individual student and group counselling as required.
- Carrying out a specific specialist responsibility (e.g. speech therapy) and supporting other staff in the school when help is needed in this area.
- Briefing and supporting new staff (including teachers) on the stage of development of students.
Level 2 English and Maths.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High expectations of students’ behaviour and clear strategies for working with challenging students.
- Ability to motivate and encourage children appropriately.
- Working independently, supported by the teacher, with groups of or individual students.
- Ability to work with challenging students, understand their needs and demonstrate effective behaviour management strategies as and when required.
- Experience of teaching children with EAL, SEN, speech and languages difficulties or other complex needs.
- Able to establish and maintain good relationships and rapport with internal colleagues and external contacts (e.g. parents, education phycologists).
If this is a role you would be interested in then please give the Southampton Branch a call on 02380 230340 or send me an email with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this isn’t right role for you please do get in touch as we may have other opportunities that are more suited to your skill set.