Love reading? Love inspiring children? If you want to make a difference to a child’s education, and gain valuable school based experience, train to be a Love to Read Tutor with Supply Desk.
What is the Love to Read programme?
Driven by the shocking statistic that roughly 1 in 5 (20%) school aged children are unable to read, Love to Read is designed to boost pupil reading ages by up to 2 years in 10 weeks. Love to Read provides Teaching Assistants to deliver reading programmes on a 1:1 or small group basis. The programme will offer full training, making the position of Love to Read Tutor available to those with previous education experience and those looking to gain valuable school experience prior to teacher training or assessing whether careers in education are for them.
What do I need to train?
If you’re a Teacher/Ex-Teacher, TA, SEN TA, Teaching Graduate or a TA with other experience working with children (e.g. childminder, youth worker) Love to Read is the perfect opportunity for you to make a significant impact on a child’s learning. To join the programme, you will need:
- A passion for reading.
- Experience of supporting children/young people in an education setting is essential, however, full training will be provided on improving pupil’s reading.
- At least a grade C or above in English and Maths at GCSE.
What are the benefits of taking part?
Becoming a Love to Read tutor can provide you with the following benefits:
- Regular long-term work
- Valuable school experience
- Great rates of pay
- The rewarding feeling of making a difference and seeing pupils progress
- The opportunity to raise attainment and change outcomes for pupils