Tuition and Intervention
Supply Desk is on hand to provide bespoke tuition packages, tailored to the individual needs of your school and the pupils you serve – many of whom may not have accessed remote learning throughout lockdown.
In June 2020 the government announced a year-long national tuition programme aimed at helping pupils in England to catch up on lost learning as a result of school closures due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Under the plans, schools are to receive funds to support the delivery of one-to-one and small group lessons for pupils who have fallen behind with their studies after months out of school.
With over 2,000 tutors available, compliant and ready to work in September – you can be confident that Supply Desk can provide appropriately trained staff quickly and efficiently. Our tuition programmes can be delivered on weekends and after-school, as well as during the school day – with a mixture of online and face-to-face sessions designed to support and compliment pupils’ regular school work.
Supply Desk has over 20 years experience of providing staff to the education sector and believe it is our shared responsibility to help those pupils most affected by the prolonged absence, including disadvantaged and the year groups at significant transition points or facing exams next year.
By providing high quality tutors to schools to start in September 2020 we can support school strategies to bridge widening gaps, foster resilience and set pupils up for success.
If your school is intending to use a set of measures including summer holiday camps, Saturday schools and planned literacy and numeracy catch-up sessions within the school timetable – we have the staff ready to increase your schools capacity to deliver this.
Why should I use Supply Desk for tuition?
- We’re experts in tuition.
- We are the only agency in the UK to have developed a proven intervention, Love to Read.
- We’re so confident in our reading intervention that we offer a Progress Promise – a rebate if pupils do not make progress.
- You can be confident that the highest compliance and safeguarding checks have been carried out as we are an approved supplier on the CCS framework.
What tuition service do Supply Desk offer?
- Our proven Love to Read intervention programme
- Booster Groups and Exam Support
- SATs Tuition
- GCSE Exam Tuition/Revision
- A Level Tuition/Revision
- One-to-One Tuition
- Small Group Tuition
- Revision Courses
- Local Authority wide tuition (specifically for SEN and Children who are Looked After)
- Extra Support for Looked After Children
- Access to our preferred literacy support resources at discounted rates, including the award-winning resource, Mighty Writer.
- Access to further tailored advice and guidance on raising attainment and creating a school-wide reading culture.
Tell me more about Love to Read?
Love to Read is a proven reading intervention which has helped to double the progress of struggling learners, boosting reading ages by up to 2 years in just 10 weeks.
Read the Love to Read Case Study from Upper Batley High School in West Yorkshire.