Continued Professional Development
Supply Desk recognises that continued professional development (CPD) is essential for all teachers and support staff, including supply staff.
Throughout the year we offer a range of CPD courses, which all of our candidates are welcome to attend.
Typically we offer the below courses across an academic year:
- Team Teach – a BILD accredited behaviour support training programme which teaches positive handling strategies for responding to and managing challenging behaviours. Team-Teach training is suitable for teachers and teaching assistants wanting to improve their situation management through risk and restraint reduction, and to increase staff confidence and competence, whilst promoting and protecting positive relationships.
- Team-Teach training has received the highest level of UK training award: a National Training Award.
- Team-Team is recognised as the leading strategy for de-escalation techniques
- Most UK schools welcome candidates who have undertaken Team-Teach training
- Cover Supervisor / Teaching Assistant Training – a bespoke training programme that enables delegates to develop their behaviour management understanding an techniques, to understand the role of a Teaching Assistant / Cover Supervisor and corresponding school expectations. This course is designed to give delegates confidence in the classroom as a Teaching Assistant or Cover Supervisor.
- Safeguarding in Education & Child Protection – all of our candidates undertake safeguarding training to ensure they meet Ofsted requirements.
- AET Induction – including Discipline with Dignity®
- Manual handling
- Maths interventions
- English & reading interventions
- Exam techniques
- HAPS tutoring
- British Sign Language
- Online Autism Awareness Course
- Behaviour Management (coming soon)
“The course was absolutely fantastic. Steph and Becca were warm, friendly, encouraging and professional. I love how the course is universal. Working as a small group (10 in total) was lovely as it meant we could all experience the holds and manoeuvres from all perspectives.
Having had a break from the classroom and a crash in confidence, the Team Teach course was a fantastic (and much needed) boost and I now feel more confident in implementing the classroom management/de-escalating techniques taught.
Team Teach is a wonderful programme that does not discriminate against ability… you don’t have to be built like a rugby player to confidently apply the techniques! EVERY educational practitioner should be Team Teach trained and it should be a compulsory unit of teacher/TA training.”
Sophie C Fletcher, Teacher